Posted By Carolyn on June 12, 2009
Today I’m talking about our LEED Silver Certified home in DeWitt Landing in Greenhills, OH. I must admit this was one of the most fun houses to build. It has the lowest energy score of any home we have ever built anywhere (a fantastic 56 HERS rating )
This house has just about every green feature you could want:
– Geothermal heating & cooling for the most efficient heating source available today
– EnergyStar appliances so even the refrigerator is helping to lower utility bills
– Low Flow faucets to reduce water use
– Hardie Panel siding that looks great & comes with a 50 year warranty
– Screened in porch with rock fireplace (just for fun, not really a green feature)
– Bamboo floors in the living areas
– Carpet in the bedrooms, the backing is made from recycled pop bottles
– Droubt resistant landscaping that looks great
– Fireplace with blower which acts as an efficient heating source
– Low V.O.C. paints for cleaner indoor air
– High Rated MERV air filter that traps more dust & particles
All of this and the home is absolutely beautiful! You can still tour this LEED green home if you visit DeWitt Landing in Greenhills.
To learn more about LEED certifications visit the U.S. Green Building Council’s website .